GLOBAL BUSINESS INTEGRITY PROGRAM
We’re committed to being a place employees love to work as well as a responsible corporate citizen everywhere we work. To hold our ourselves, our employees and our partners to the highest ethical and legal standards we’ve created our Global Business Integrity Program. The Global Business Integrity Program consists of the five published documents described below.
- The Code of Conduct is issued to our employees worldwide and outlines the significant legal and ethical issues that frequently arise in the course of business and describes the key responsibilities all employees, directors and officers are expected to uphold and comply with in conjunction with our values and policies.
Code of Conduct
- The Global Operating Principles set forth the minimum standards by which we expect each strategic partner will operate and conduct business. These global principles also convey to our employees and all public constituencies our values, commitments and goals.
Global Operating Principles
- The Supplier Code of Conduct sets forth guidelines and requirements for doing business with us for firms from whom we procure products and services, including contractors, joint venture partners and suppliers of goods and services.
Supplier Code of Conduct
- The Anti-Corruption Policy describes our commitment to integrity and explains the specific requirements and prohibitions applicable to our operations under anti-corruption laws, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as amended (“FCPA”).
- The Animal Welfare Policy sets forth our commitment to principles and practices that require animals in our supply chain to be treated with care and respect.
Animal Welfare Policy
These principles and philosophies that govern our operations and businesses are based not only on laws and regulations, but are also founded on dignity and respect for the individual, a strong commitment to common sense, fairness, diversity, and ethical business practices and policies. In order to monitor the adherence to these principles, we created a Global Business Standards Committee comprised of senior executives. We also have an Ethics and Compliance Reporting System (www.tapestry.ethicspoint.com or 1-800-396-1807) on which employees and others can report issues with and deviations from our principles and philosophies.
We are committed to the promulgation, application, and continued development of these principles at each location where we operate.